MEDIHONEY dressings contain 95% active Leptospermum Honey, which has been shown to have several properties which assist in promoting an optimal healing environment for chronic wounds and burns that have not progressed with basic, first line treatments. Through their high osmolarity, the dressings help to cleanse the wound and remove devitalized tissue. The dressings are designed to manage varying degrees of exudates.
Medihoneyis a medical-grade honey derived from the pollen and nectar of the Leptospermum species of plant in New Zealand and Australia. It is unique among all type of honey in that it maintains its effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid.
Because they contain a very high percentage of Leptospermum honey, MEDIHONEY dressings are able to work in the presence of wound fluid, blood, and tissue, thus promoting an optimal healing environment.
- Wound gel for hard-to-dress areas
- Use in tunneled or undermined wounds, or sinus tracts
- Contains 95% active Leptospermum Honey
- Lowers wound pH, providing optimal healing environment
- Designed for chronic wounds and burns
- High osmolity cleans and debrides