Lift Chairs - Houston
A powerful lift chairs can be extremely helpful medical equipment for people who have difficulty getting out and in of their chair daily due to limited mobility, aging, arthritis, recent injury or balance issues. These chairs are easy to use and operate. A lift chair not only helps a mobility challenged person but also provides safety and convenience for caregivers – family members, nurses and other loved ones.
There are different types of power lift chairs and are differentiated by the degree of recline they can reach. Generally, there are 3 types of lift chairs available in the market today – two-position, three position and infinite position.
- Two Position lift chairs – These chairs are perfect for those who don’t need total reclining capabilities. They have a reclining range of 45 degrees that helps a person to read and watch TV easily and comfortably. Since these models have limited mobility, these are not recommended for mobility disabled people or people with disabilities. Moreover, they are non-optimal for sleeping and smaller than other types of lift chairs.
- Three Position lift chairs – If you’re looking for a chair that has a greater range and can be reclined to a parallel position (180 degrees), three position lift chair is the ideal option for you. Since you can recline the chair at a perfectly flat position and maintain a comfortable 45 degree, it’s a great choice for moderate periods of seating, reading, napping and watching television. You can’t operate it independently because the footrest flips up automatically as the chair reclines.
- Infinite lift chairs – These chairs are the most expensive and can go from the sitting position to a full recline. These chairs can be reclined to nearly any position which makes them ideal for napping and relaxing. Moreover, quite & smooth system, standard head and arm covers make them the perfect options for those who spend most the time sitting on them. Infinite position lift chairs often come with heat and massage function, make you operate footrest and back comfortably and independently.
You can use it in an upright position or recline with just the push of a button. The advantages of lift chairs are numerous. Lift chairs present a myriad of benefits for seniors, such as:
- Independence – Edema, hypotension, fractures, osteoporosis are some of the problems that may reduce your independence when you start getting old. The perfect lift chair comes with different sitting positions, each of which helps you reliving all these problems by adding independence to different parts of your life. From seating to reading to napping, these chairs allow you to go your desired recline position with the simple touch of a button. You don’t need to worry about assistance from others and live your life independently and happily.
- Reduced risk of injury – If you or your loved ones have difficulty transitioning from a seated position to standing due to limited mobility, injuries, or balance issues, a lift chair is an ideal solution. A lift chair makes transfers easier by making it easy to lift you from one position to others. In addition, it reduces muscles spasms and provides you a comfortable posture once you’re on feet, which means you don’t need to worry about hurting yourself. Whether you’re suffering a recent injury or osteoporosis or joint replacement, a lift chair helps you live your life smoothly without feeling anxious about your problems.
- Ease of use – Whether you want to take a nap or read a book, with the touch of a button, you can move between each setting seamlessly. They have a recline range from 45 degrees to zero gravity position. The lift chairs come with different controlling buttons which make it easy to get your comfortable position. Besides that, each button comes with an illustration, so you won’t have any confusion.
- Aid Recovery – When you’re going through an injury or surgery, it becomes difficult and dangerous for people to get in and out of a chair. A lift chair can aid in your recovery by reducing the stain that affects your body when standing up or sitting down, allow you to regain your independence faster. Moreover, moving and changing your position throughout the day help moving blood all over the areas of your body, help prevent pressure sores.
- Save Caregivers time – Without the assistance of a lift chair, a person with mobility issue will always need someone to assist them. You always need someone to help you with sitting down and standing up. But lift chairs come with a lot of advanced features that allow you to control the chair with the click of a button and you don’t need any caregiver.